Whether you’re looking for a grown up way to reclaim the deliciousness of the juvenile Jello shot, or just want an elegant dessert to wow your guests, freshly made gelatin combined with a fruity red wine will never disappoint. My Raspberry-Cabernet Sauvignon Gelatin Recipe is so simple to make! It takes three ingredients and under ten minutes to prep and complete, before placing the dessert in the refrigerator to gel.
If you’re not a fan of red wine or raspberries, you can vary the recipe by using white grape, pear or apple juice and your favorite white wine. Sweet dessert wines like an Ice wine, Sauternes or Moscato also work well. In a celebratory mood? Try champagne and peach juice for a gelatin Bellini.
- Organic raspberry juice (grape, blueberry, cranberry or a dark berry juice mix will also work)
- Unflavored, organic, grass-fed beef gelatin
- Your favorite Cabernet Sauvignon (make sure it has lots of dark fruit and spice)
- Optional: fruit and whipped cream
- Place 1 cup fruit juice in a glass bowl.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of gelatin.
- Meanwhile, bring 3 cups juice to a boil.
- Pour boiling juice over gelatin-juice mixture, and stir until gelatin dissolves completely.
- Pour into red wine glasses.
- Add 1/4 cup of red wine to each glass (less or more to personal taste)
- Add fruit if you like, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or red, black or purple grapes.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Garnish with freshly made organic whipped cream, if you like. Not necessary but makes a nice touch.
- Serves 8